Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in the Saddle


The holidays interrupted my calm retired life, so the blog was put on hold for quite a while. I was also up in the air deciding what the new focus would be.
Yesterday I attended a workshop, presented by Sands Hall, put on by the Sierra Writer's group. I realized that one of the struggles I have been having with working on the novel is my skill set. I have tried to paint a portrait without knowing anything about paint. Or brushes. So....

I am stepping back and doing some things to build my skill base. I have signed up for some more classes and bought some books which have skill building exercises. I will continue to use the blog site to practice, posting a series of short stories, or even just scenes for future stories.

This is where I need your help! Please comment on what you read. I need the feedback, negative or positive to help form my voice, my skills and my direction.

Thanks. I should be posting a story later on today or tomorrow.

Robin Martinez Rice

PS. The picture has nothing to do whatsoever with the post. It's just an old polaroid, one of the first, taken in the 60's of my sisters and cousins. I just love the picture. I seem to be full of energy (far right). I am trying to capture that mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment